Ace Hardware Announces Acquisition of Handyman Matters Franchise
Hardware Cooperative Expands into the Do-it-for-me Market with New Ace Handyman Services
OAK BROOK, Ill., Sept. 6,2019-Ace Hardware Corporation, the world’s largest retailer-owned hardware cooperative,announced today it has completed the acquisition of Handyman Matters, a franchisor of home repair, maintenance, and improvement services based in Denver, Colorado. Handyman Matters will become Ace Handyman Services and operate as a new stand-alone, subsidiary of Ace Hardware Corporation.
Handyman Matters is a franchise organization comprised of locally owned and operated and company-owned locations that offer professional and multi-skilled craftsmen and women, trained to handle a homeowners’ to-do list in addition to larger projects. On-site services to consumers and small businesses include carpentry, plumbing, electrical, drywall, painting, flooring and much more. The franchisor currently has 57 franchisees who collectively employ approximately 250 handymen and women in 121 territories across 23 states.
“The introduction of Ace Handyman Services provides a platform from which Ace can further deliver on our helpful promise to consumers while expanding our presence in the growing do-it-for-me segment,” said John Venhuizen, President and CEO of Ace Hardware Corporation. “This acquisition combines a proven home repair and maintenance franchise system with Ace’s trusted brand and renowned helpful service. Providing increased support to existing franchisees while aggressively recruiting more is part of a compelling evolution in our plan for strategic growth and our retailers’ continued success.”
Andy Bell, the founder and CEO of Handyman Matters will continue to lead the day-to-day business operations for Ace Handyman Services from its headquarters in Denver. Integration and re-branding initiatives are currently underway with a target completion in the first quarter of 2020.
“We are thrilled to be a part of the Ace family. In addition to supporting locally owned and operated businesses, Ace and Handyman Matters also share a commitment to quality and outstanding service,” said Andy Bell, founder and CEO of Handyman Matters. “As part of the new Ace Handyman Services, our franchisees have a tremendous opportunity to grow their businesses in collaboration with Ace and its trusted retailers.
”For information about investment opportunities with Ace Hardware visit www.myace.com and for information about investment opportunities with Ace Handyman Services visit www.handymanmattersfranchising.com.
About Handyman Matters
Founded in 1998 and recently celebrated 20 years in business, Handyman Matters is a national franchise organization that offers home and commercial maintenance, improvement and remodeling services.
About Ace Hardware
Ace Hardware is the largest retailer-owned hardware cooperative in the world with more than 5,200 locally owned and operated hardware stores in approximately 70 countries. Headquartered in Oak Brook, Ill., Ace and its subsidiaries operate an expansive network of distribution centers in the U.S. and have distribution capabilities in Ningbo, China; Colon, Panama; and Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Since 1924, Ace has become a part of local communities around the world and known as the place with the helpful hardware folks. For more information, visit www.acehardware.com or newsroom.acehardware.com
Fall Is Coming
Fall is coming and there are only a few months until winter arrives, which is why September is the perfect month to wrap up any lingering warm weather projects and get your house ready for imminent cold weather, rain, and snow. Here are 10 important projects to tackle this month, so that when the leaves change colors and the temperatures drop you can rest easy with a cup of apple cider knowing your home is in good shape. Call or Book-Online and reserve your Handyman so you can enjoy the fall!
1. Inspect your roof for any damage or repairs
2. Clean and inspect your gutters
3. Check your eaves, siding and gables for any holes or damage
4. Change your furnace filter
5. Test smoke and carbon monoxide alarms and change batteries
6. Make sure your fire extinguisher is in working order
7. Check window and doors for any gaps
8. Shut down and winterize your swamp cooler or service your central a/c unit
9. Check all exterior lights
10. Plant some bulbs in your garden!
Check our Half Day and Full Day Packages for special offers! You can call or book on-line for easy scheduling.
Summer Time Home Maintenance
Everything you need to do to keep your home and yard in tip-top shape this summer.
Now that summer's here, you'll want to prepare your home and yard for the onslaught of summer heat. From air-conditioner/swamp cooler upkeep to hanging a clothesline, these simple chores will help keep your home happy and healthy.
Check detectors. Check your home's smoke and carbon monoxide detectors to make sure they're working properly.
Inspect air-conditioners/swamp coolers.If you haven't already, prep air conditioners and fans for their busiest season.
Clean Ceiling Fans.Clean all ceiling fans and other fans with a damp rag. If you have high ceilings, a ceiling-fan duster can help you de-grime hard-to-reach blades.
Polish your porch. Thoroughly sweep painted porch floors; then mop them with an all-purpose cleaner. If there's a lot of built-up dirt on the floorboards, you may need to scrub them with a brush.
Analyze your deck. Look over your deck for signs of rotting and hammer in any nails that are poking up. Then, determine if your deck needs sealing. Sprinkle water on the deck's boards. If the water beads up, you're in good shape; but if it soaks right in, it's time to reseal.
Wash your windows. If you didn't tackle exterior window washing in the spring, now's the time to get your glass clean.
Make much ado about mulch. Add a layer of mulch to keep weeds down and help the ground retain its moisture in the heat. It'll give your plants a chance to grow.
Be a leak detective. Check your hoses and exterior faucets for leaks -- even a tiny drip can add up to a big waste of water. Pinhole leaks in hoses can be covered up by winding regular electrical tape around the (dry) hose in overlapping layers.
Plan your watering schedule.Train your garden to endure dry days by watering deeply a couple times a week, instead of watering lightly daily. This style of watering will promote the growth of deep, strong roots.
Book your Handyman with our Half-Day or Full Day Package today!
10 Best Things to do to get your house ready to sell!
1. Pick a day to list in the future and work backwards from it. Make a list of what needs to be done (ideas are below) and set a time to get them done. Communicate with your realtor when you will be ready for showings.
2 .Ask for other opinions of things that need to be done. You know that trim in your kitchen that you planned on painting, but only go primer on it. Oh, wait that’s my kitchen! I don’t even notice it anymore. Have someone with fresh eyes to walk your home. Your prospective buyers will see EVERYTHING. Have a cocktail party and invite your friends to walk thru your home with you.
3. Treat it like a business. Your house is no longer just a home, it’s an asset you are trying to get top dollar for. We know what your house means to you…the way it’s painted, the stuff you have on your walls…none of it matters anymore. It’s an asset that you want top dollar for.
4. De-clutter. Have you seen those pictures of living rooms and kitchens in advertisements? They look amazing, don’t they? Pay attention to those photos, there is limited decorations on the wall with strategical placed decorations. Too much furniture, store it to give a spacious feeling.
5. Do some research on staging. There’s a good chance that your furniture has been arranged the same way for a decade. And that’s fine 0 it could be the best way to showcase your home. But there might be a different way to stage your house that you never thought of. Think fresh white towels and throw rugs. Putting fresh flowers out is charming!
6. Paint! Freshly painted rooms look so clean. Stick to neutral colors. While your painting consider different or new window treatments in some of the main rooms. They don’t need to be expensive, but a few hundred dollars spent on curtain rods, curtains and nice 2” white blinds go a long way.
7. Focus on curb appeal. This is the first impression. Give it a good power wash, especially vinyl siding. Fix all the little stuff. Repair trim pieces and repaint nicks. Get fresh mulch. It looks so nice and won’t break the budget. Keep the lawn mowed and trimmed. Keep toys out of the hard.
8. Have a plan for a showing.
- Clean all dishes and put them away.
- Make all beds
- Put all clothes in dressers, on hangers or covered in hampers. Try not to have clothes in the washer or dryer. People open everything!
- Vacuum and sweep everything.
- Have clean unused linens on hand. Keep the folded up in a dresser and pull them out! Remember the fresh white linens!
- Light candles and don’t forget those fresh flowers.
9. Take great photos! You can take photos, your realtor or hire a professional! Ask your realtor, they have great ideas! Professional always know the right angle, right lightening and filters. Trust them.
10. Price it right out of the gate and get your realtor excited! Pricing is tricky rely on your realtor for advice. You want to sell it fast…but if it sells too fast, maybe you priced it too low.
Handyman Matters is here to help you! Let us take some of the pressure off of you. Call or book online today. Visit our website for a special offer when selling your home!
Mount a Flat-Panel TV
When you are hanging a flat TV worth hundreds of dollars, it pays to do the job right. Call Handyman Matters to have a Professional Handyman install it for you. Here is what you need to know because you are probably thinking, “I can do this! It’s just hanging something on the wall”. What you really need to think about is: Where is the stud? Is it center for where you want to mount it? Do you have the proper tools? Do you have the proper hardware to securely install in the wall? Do you have the correct mount? Do you want to conceal the wire?
Why not relax and let Handyman Matters install your Flat Screen? Give us a call today or book online and we will take care of it for you! We warranty all our workmanship for one year and scheduling is easy!
Book online by clicking the link
Let Handyman Matters North Metro Denver get your “honey-do-list” done while you prepare for the holidays.
We can help you with almost anything home:
- Drywall patch
- Faucet replacement
- Fence repair
- Deck repair
- Gutter cleaning
- Interior and exterior door replacement
- Kitchen Backsplash
- Pet door installation
- And more!
“We rise by lifting others…”
Pictured: Dan, Jerry, Matt, Mark, Ricky, Sean, Kim, Mark, Warren, Kipp, Neil, Kat
A special THANK YOU to Alanna, Dana and Kate for holding down the office!
Handyman Matters of Denver helped a family that just moved back home to Colorado. During the move the husband became ill bringing them to a single income situation with a young teenage daughter and a son in the service. The grandmother was just diagnosed with cancer. The family moved into their family home and discovered there was damage. Some friendly wood peckers punctured holes in their siding and took out the insulation to build their nests leaving holes up to 4 inches! Handyman Matters of Denver replaced siding and made repairs to the gable of their home, replaced the thermostat and repaired some leaky faucets and installed a new shower head! The family was so thankful but the true joy was paying it forward in our community! As a TEAM, we completed a 3-day job in half a day!
Summer Time! Let Handyman Matters take care of your To-Do List
Now that summer is here, you probably find yourself facing a bunch of those home repair and home improvement projects you were putting off all winter long. But now that these longer, warmer days are finally here, you may be finding that you don’t have the time to tackle the jobs, after all. Or you’ve found a better use of your free time—swimming, hiking, golfing, boating, or just sitting on your deck with a cool drink. And who can blame you?
The Handyman Matters North Metro Denver location has a full crew of friendly, professional experts standing by to undertake those tasks that would take you away from your all-important relaxation and recreational pursuits.
Speaking of sitting on that deck, does yours need some repair? We can do that. Everything from sanding and staining to replacing a few boards to installing an entirely new one. We can do it!
How about some of those smaller tasks that you’ve been considering for a while now…
Drywall patching. Fixture replacement. Swamp cooler repair. New kitchen backsplash. Toilet repairs. Vanity installs. We can do any of these, quickly and expertly.
Maybe there’s a bigger project you’ve wanted to tackle…
A kitchen or bathroom remodel. Repairing or replacing a backyard fence. We can do those, as well, and take away the hassle, stress and sweat, assuring that the job is done quickly and done right.
If you live in Westminster, Arvada, Thornton, Northglenn, Broomfield, Genesee, Evergreen, Stapleton, Anthem Ranch, Candelas, Leyden Rock, Reunion or anywhere in the North Metro Denver vicinity, give us a call. We’re happy to take the time to get to know you and to understand completely the kind of project you have in mind and the results you would like to see.
Top 10 in Sales 2017
Handyman Matters North Metro Denver achieves #9 in Sales 2017!
5 EASY WAYS TO GET YOUR HOME READY FOR THE HOLIDAYS
‘Tis the season for having family and friends gather at your home to celebrate what you’re all thankful for. We are here to help you make sure that loving your home is something you’re thankful for.
There are many quick and easy ways to get your home ready for the holidays and ready for entertaining.
- Interior Paint: One of the best ways to completely transform the way a room looks is to paint it. You can paint an accent wall, create a nice design or the entire room for that jaw-dropping transformation. Wallpaper is another great way to spruce up your home. Wallpaper is great for bathrooms and to help make small spaces look larger.
- Paint Your Kitchen Cabinets: While you’re in the kitchen, why not take the time to refinish those kitchen cabinets while you’re working on the backsplash. There are many colors to choose from to match your style. We can help make sure your style and ideas come together to transform your kitchen into everything you’ve dreamed of.
- Renew Your Guest Bathroom: You don’t want your guest bathroom to be drab when you’re hosting a party, so why not take the time to quickly update your space. You can update the paint, add a new mirror or a frame to your existing one, update the faucet and hang some cozy and inviting decorations to the space.
- Transform Your Entry Way: The entry way is the first thing your guests will see when entering your home. There are many quick fixes you can do for your home that will make a large impact. Change your entry way light fixture to a beautiful chandelier that will set the tone for the style of your entire house. Update the paint on the walls in your entry way. Or create a gallery of photos to show off your family and style.
- Updating Kitchen Backsplash: Your kitchen is the heart of the home and where most people will spend their time when they come over. Why not give your kitchen a quick updated look with a new tile backsplash? There are many options to choose from with mosaics tiles, classic subway tiles, or creating a whole new design with a mix of colors and textures.
Take the time this season to make sure your home is ready for the joy of entertaining. The last thing you want to do is worry about little things you could have done around your home. Take the time now to update, so you can enjoy the holidays worry-free!
Handyman Matters North Metro Denver – Corey is selected as craftsman of the year
At Corporate’s annual convention, our very own Field Supervisor was selected as Craftsman of the Year for 2017! The committee selected Corey after reviewing customer testimonials, what the office Customer Service Representatives said and his fellow Craftsmen. Pictured is Corey and the owner of Handyman Matters North Metro, Mark. We are honored and proud that Corey received this recognition and all of his co-workers are super proud that our local office won this Award!
Handyman Matters North Metro Denver – New On-line scheduling made simple!
GREAT NEWS! You can now schedule your Handyman on-line! Select 4 hours or 8 hours for a half-day or full day package. Scheduling is super easy and convenient. Schedule your day and time, we will call you back to confirm the details and a Professional Handyman will show up on time as scheduled.
Visit our new “Book On-line” website at: http://www.handymanmatters.com/offices/north-metro-denver/book_online.html
Handyman Matters North Metro Denver - Check out our new Website!
Within the last few weeks, Handyman Matters has launched a new website. We love the new look and feel of it and hope you will too! While you’ll still find great offers, photos of our work, and reviews from our customers, you will also find some new things – like our online scheduling tool and this section, for news and events!
Check out “Our Team” page and “Offers” page for specials and packages that will save you time and money.
Also, visit us at our Facebook Page and give us a like! Also look for valuable information, a lot of DYI projects and money saving coupons! Leave us a like and a review. Please visit our Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/HandymanMattersNorthMetroDenver/
Handyman Matters North Metro Denver – Helping you love your home, fire protection
There is nothing more important that the safety of you, your family, your pets and your home. The dangers of a home fire are very real, and often times preventable. There are tasks that can be done around your home to help prevent a fire and in case your ability to stay safe and evacuate i