Getting your home maintenance needs taken care this Spring will ensure that you can spend more time enjoying and less time worrying! Do your house proud and schedule Handyman Matters for your Spring home maintenance needs today. Check out photos of our work on the "Our Work" Tab located at the top of this page.
Spring home maintenance checklist:
Simple and inexpensive actions can help you save energy and money during the Spring months.
- Check electrical outlets and cords throughout your home for any potential fire hazards such as frayed wires or loose-fitting plugs. Oultets, fuse boxes and extension cords also should be checked to make sure they are not overloaded.
- Check your fire extinguisher at least once yearly, including the hose, nozzle and other parts, to make sure they are in good condition. Make sure the pressure gauge is in the "green" range.
- Before turning the a/c on for the season, have your a/c system checked by a professional.
- Check for leaks and corrosion at your water heater.
- Clean or replace your furnace filter.
- Dryer lint can build up inside the vent pipe and collect around the duct. Clean both the clothes dryer exhaust duct and the space under the dryer.
- Smoke detectors - Daylight savings time is the perfect time to change the batteries in your smoke dtectors. Inspect each smoke detector to ensure all are in working order, and make sure to test them monthly.
If you need help with completing any task on the list call us today to get your project scheduled at 412-851-1104, 724-222-0105 or 724-258-4884.