Home Staging is the art of decorating a home to sell quickly and for top dollar.
So, let’s transform your home in order to attract as many potential buyers as possible.
Number One Rule: De-Clutter
• Collect all those items that are truly garbage and toss them. Call a junk removal company if necessary. Donate to a local charity all those items that are clean and in good repair. Pare down cupboards, vanities, closets and storage areas to show maximum space.
• Garage sale – Clear out the garage too if you want people to think your home has enough space for all their stuff. Think about this as you go through your entire home. Maximize your space.
• If necessary, rent a storage unit or call a company that delivers portable storage units.
Repair everything. Patch holes, fix cracks in the ceilings and walls. Repair or replace light fixtures. Clean and caulk bath, showers, sinks. Fix eaves troughs, screens, etc. Don’t leave any little blemish that will allow potential buyers to look at the big stuff.
Clean your home top to bottom.
Paint all the rooms where it is needed. Hire a professional if necessary. It’s well worth your investment. Here are some tips about re-painting to attract buyers:
Just 4 or 5 wall colors in a three-bedroom house.
For ceilings, Decorators or Oxford White.
Keep all the doors and trim the same color for the interior. Use a subtle white.
Paint all bathrooms the same color.
Keep it Simple.
From the curb, make your front door the focal point.
Make sure that the grass is cut, trees are trimmed, garbage cleared. Treat the outside of your home with the same TLC used on the inside.
Be sure that your home’s floors, walls and ceilings are at their absolute best. Everything must be gleaming with nothing for the buyer’s eyes to focus on but the full potential of your home.
Why go to all this effort?
• Homes that are staged sell four times faster than homes that are not – and most often for more money.
• Today’s buyers will pay more for homes that are move-in ready.
• Home Staging works in both a buyer’s and seller’s market.
• The cost of staging your home is significantly less than having to drop the listing price of your home.