There are certain sectors of the home that hold unprecedented potential for entertaining.
A billiards basement, the dining room, a large, open kitchen… It seems like that’s it, and then you step outdoors. For much of the year, a backyard is mostly defined by its taxing upkeep. It can be hard to remember the glory days of summer, until spring arrives, and you find yourself spending more time outdoors.
With the right additions to your home, anyone can create an outdoor kitchen perfect for warm weather entertaining. From affordable alterations, to entire upgrades, here are some outdoor kitchen designs for those summer BBQ’s.
The center of all outdoor kitchens is the grill. The grill that you choose will have the power to shape the rest of your outdoor kitchen design.
- Charcoal Grill – If you’re willing to clean more and cook longer for the satisfaction of a smoky flavored meat, this grill is for you.
- Gas Grill – For the less committed griller on the go, easy to use and clean, and fast.
- Smoker – The crock pot of the back yard. These are for all day BBQ projects, and are ideal for the true foodies out there.
- Wood Oven – Similar but different. This appliance is more expensive but perfect for the pizza enthusiast looking for a texture a typical grill cannot fully provide.
Envision a BBQ… where do you see your guests sitting?
Is there a standardized picnic table, or does your outdoor kitchen design cater toward something a little more built in?
Similar to their indoor counterparts, bar and bench seating can be a cozy way to border your outdoor kitchen with guests.
Counters & Bar
Ask yourself how much of the cooking process will take place outdoors.
- Do you need extra counter space for prep work?
- Do you want a spot for guests to relax and eat appetizers while you grill?
Counters also provide for a more traditional looking kitchen, building a grill into the rest of the kitchen set-up.
The final amenities to your outdoor kitchen design.
- TV – are you planning on watching the game outdoors? Installing a TV under an awning enables you to have the comfort of the living room, while grilling in the sun.
- Heat Lamps – Nighttime BBQ’s can experience a drop in temperature. Or perhaps you’re looking to construct more of a year-round kitchen; heat lamps will allow you to grill in any weather.
- Fire Pit – For the less traditional seating area in your outdoor kitchen there’s the fire pit. Roast marshmallows or have a controlled summer bonfire while eating your favorite grilled dinner.
Looking to create an outdoor getaway within your own home – Handyman Matters can help!
From deck installations, to constructing patios, counters, or cabinets, our craftsmen can work with you to plan the outdoor kitchen design of your dreams.
For a free project estimate just call 866-FIX-MY-HOME.